The City of Kerrville Public Works, Solid Waste Division would like to thank the residents who participated in the recent bulk item waste pick-up. Republic Services collected 118 tons from residents within the City of Kerrville. Bulky items included furniture, mattresses, couches, chairs, washers, dryers, refrigerators and other items that don’t typically fit inside trash carts.
Collection crews observed prohibited items, which were not picked up. Please see below a list of prohibited items.
• Placing large quantities of household waste in bags, or at the curb loosely
• Tires and batteries
• New or used oil
• Yard waste (branches, limbs, grass clippings, etc.)
• Household paints, chemicals, and other hazardous items
• Any type of construction debris (sheetrock, roofing, lumber, pallets, etc.)
• Any type of glass, mirrors, porcelain, or other brittle items
It is important that residents make proper arrangements to remove items from the curb that are still currently out. Residents may contact Republic Services to arrange for a separate pickup; however, this service is not offered through the city’s contracted program and certain fees do apply.
Residents will again be eligible for a FREE voucher during the fiscal third quarter (July – September 2019). Vouchers can be used to transport yard waste, bulky and household waste items to the landfill/transfer station for FREE. Vouchers may be obtained at City Hall and certain restrictions apply.
For additional information about any of the city’s solid waste services, please contact the City of Kerrville at (830) 257-8000.