The Parks and Recreation Department would like to take the opportunity to educate the community in regards to general rules and regulations of the park system, specifically the Kerrville River Trail, in an effort to be proactive particularly with safety measures. We are blessed with a beautiful parks system for the community to enjoy. Please remember to follow the regulations for safety and enjoyment of all users.
If you witness a regulation violation, you are encouraged to notify Parks and Recreation staff, if present. Call the Parks and Recreation Department at (830) 257-7300 during business hours, or call the Kerrville Police Department non-emergency number at (830) 257-8181. The Police Department’s Citizens on Patrol will also be patrolling the River Trail.
General Park regulations
• Park hours are dawn to 11 p.m.;
• No smoking (this includes vaping and e-cigarettes);
• No glass containers;
• Motorized vehicles in designated parking and roadways only;
• No firearms, unless allowed by State law;
• No metal detectors;
• No golfing (except at Scott Schreiner Municipal Golf Course);
• No vending, sales, or organized group use unless by permit;
• No overnight camping (except at Kerrville-Schreiner Park);
• No entering the river from trees, bridges, platforms, dams or elevated surface;
• No littering;
• Dogs are to be leashed at all times – please clean up after your pets;
• Special events held in the parks or on city property require a special event application and permit. Obtain through the Parks and Recreation Department located at 2385 Bandera Hwy., (830) 257-7300, email@example.com.
Additional regulations for the Kerrville River Trail
The following rules and regulations apply to the Kerrville River Trail and are in addition to the rules and regulations listed above:
• Trail use during daylight hours only, dawn to dusk;
• Stay on the trail;
• No skateboards;
• No motorized vehicles.
• Observe trail regulation and warning signs;
• Always stay to the right side of the trail, whether walking, running or biking;
• When approaching slower moving traffic with the intention of passing, let the slower trail users know you are behind them and intend to pass on their left;
• Never leave the trail unless inside one of the public parks – much of the trail is on private property and we don’t want trespassing to occur;
• Always carry a charged cell phone;
• Be aware of your surroundings and know where you are on the trail at all times in case you have to call for assistance or need to notify authorities about a situation – maps are located at each trail head;
• Be aware of weather conditions and do not put yourself or others in danger during inclement weather;
• Hydrate before any physical activity and check your bike before starting so you don’t have to be rescued by others.
Additional rules and regulations apply, for a complete list of ordinances, please visit
https://library.municode.com/…/ker…/codes/code_of_ordinances or contact the Parks and Recreation Department at (830) 257-7300, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the city’s website at www.kerrvilletx.gov.